Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A little bit of life

It has been a little while since I have updated my blog and for that I am sorry. Everything is coming and going so quickly these days. With a wedding this weekend, the fourth of july next weekend, packing and moving my apartment to storage, and all the farewell celebrations, the trip to China is going to be here before I know it. From my conversations with a friend, who is already in China, I have begun to get a sense of the surroundings I will be immersed in. It is also driving my desire to actually get there, even higher. Three weeks and counting!!!!

As for wrapping things up in Chicago, I am enjoying the time that I have left. The Spot 2 softball team is currently 8-4 and in third place in the league standings.

I am definitly not looking forward to leaving the team behind when I say my goodbyes following the July 13th games. This is a great group of guys and gal ( Lori).

I am also beginning to realize that I have to say goodbye to my pup Gatsby for two months. He is 6 months old and still growing every day. He really has become a part of my family, and everyone just loves him. Gatsby is one of the sweetest dogs around, even if he does chew on my pillows and down comforter. But he always manages to put a smile on my face.

All of this being said, I am looking forward to my trip and to the people I will meet in my travels. It will be an eye opening experience, and a total culture shock.

No comments: