Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Planning and Preparing

I have begun this blog in order to keep you all updated on my whereabouts while I am out of the country. I will try and post frequently and to keep you all informed of my daily activities. The time leading up to the Beijing Olympics is quickly dwindling. It is still a bit surreal that I will be living in Beijing for two months.

Here is a checklist of things I have to do in order to get ready for this trip

-passport- check
-visa
-shots from the travel clinic
-find a subletter-check
-secure a home for Gatsby for the two months- check
-book my flight- check
-talk with sprint about my phone- check
-resignation letter and request for leave of absence submitted- check

As you can see, a lot of my planning is already finished, but still a lot to do in order to close up shop and tie up the loose ends. For now, I am just trying to enjoy what summer I have in Chicago. Afterall, if you live here you know how brutal our past winter was. So , I want to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Great idea! I will watch it regularly to keep up with your whereabouts. Is this in lieu of a cell phone?