Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One World, One Dream

This was the slogan of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, which I had the pleasure of working. It truly was a global celebration, in which China announced it's presence to the world. From the spectacle that was the opening ceremony all the way thru to the closing ceremonies, where the torch was passed on to London, everything was planned and executed to perfection. From my perspective however, it was not about the individual events or the sheer pandemonium of the Olympics, but more about the culture and the people of Beijing. A bustling city of nearly 20 million registered and unregistered residence swelled with the arrival of international travelers desperately trying to get a glimpse of what may become the greatest Olympic Games in history. It was my pleasure to be a part of this experience and I would like to share a video with you created by one of our local hostesses. The video hopefully captures some of what I went through in my time in Beijing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a freakin' cool experience. I am totally envious of your travels as I worked on the Olympics courtesy of AT&T but didn't get the chance to go to Beijing. It looks like you had an amazing time.