Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cityscape Bar


Last night, I spent an evening with a great group of people. One was a former roommate (Kellie), one was a sushi partner (Kristie) and another my commute buddy and Northwestern grad student (Mike). In addition to these three were Krista and Sharon, who is also commonly referred to as the wine lady. Friends come and go throughout ones lifetime, and with every new day comes the possibility of making a new acquaintance with whom you can share life and laughter. This group began as Kellie started meeting more and more girlfriends. At some point in time she decided that it would be a great idea to get a group together to try and go out to eat once a month together at new places around the city. We have done Greektown, Sushi, a wine bar, Little Italy, and a steakhouse among many others. Last night, we chose to try Cityscape, a bar located in the Merchandise Mart Holiday Inn. It was heralded as the bar with the best views of the city and it did not disappoint. They had summer Martini specials, and I tried the Mandarin Martini, Absolute Mandarin, and then had a fantastic Cosmo. I know, very Sex and the City of me! The girls mostly had wine. We ordered appetizers, and as always had some very interesting conversations. Unfortunately, we knew the end was drawing near, and that this would be the last group get together I would be able to partake in for a while. Even with this change, I know there will be more memories with this group. I look forward to reuniting with them upon my return.

No comments: