Thursday, July 17, 2008

Going Away Weekend

Sorry to be a bit behind on posts, but lately I have been a bit preoccupied with moving, and saying my goodbyes. I am currently in St. Louis visiting family and friends before I head off to China on Sunday. My goodbyes in Chicago were pretty tough. I finally felt like I had developed a nice solid group of people to spend time with, and then I had to say goodbye for a few months. I definitly look at it more as a "see you later" than a goodbye. I love the city of Chicago and look forward to returning.
This week is all about relaxation for me. I have a lot of down time and am just enjoying not working and having very few commitments. The time leading up to this week was just pure insanity. Over the weekend I had to move some things to storage, have a going away night, two softball games, move to a friends, and also have my last day at work. It was hectic but everything seemed to run very smoothly.
Friday night was spent packing and then partaking in game night at Toms. We played Scene IT! and Cherades and Scattegories. I then had to awake the next morning for moving and then the going away party.
The night began at Wokomona Sushi on Broadway. There were 14 of us in attendance and I think just about everyone brought wine, so needless to say things were entertaining. After Wokomona we headed to Halsteds for a round of drinks in the Beer Garden. We then continued on to Cocktail, the girls wanted to see the male dancers. I think Morgan enjoyed them the most....



After Cocktail some of the others headed home and we soldiered on to Sidetracks. I don't think we intended for it to become a Boystown night but it did, due to sheer convenience.

The next day I awoke and headed to my final two softball games for the season. It was an absolutely breathtaking day spent amongst a wonderful group of guys. We won our second game and lost our first, and I leave the team with a 9-5 record. Hopefully these guys can keep the team in contention, we have really gelled well as a unit.

My final day was absolutly how I would have pictured it. Cole and I went to Walker Brothers Pancake house and indulged ourselves on a huge breakfast. Then we went up to Glencoe, to the Botanical Gardens. The drive up the North Shore on Sheridan, for those of you who have never made it, is insane. Every house seems to get bigger and bigger. I even picked out my future home....=).

2 comments:

The Bowers Bunch said...

SO which house did you pick? That is the drive I used to make everyday and I hardly ever tired of it! I would love to live in almost any of those houses!

Anonymous said...

Was it the one with the Mercedes G-Wagon in the driveway? That one was mine. :) That was a pretty great day, I must say..