Thursday, August 7, 2008

Beijing Capital Airport

Over the last 48 hours, I have been essentially living in the Beijing Capital Airport. I arrived two days ago at 6:30 am and was there until 12:30 am. I Was stationed out there for my group, running all arrivals on two seperate terminals. We had 180 people come in, over a two day period. The airport yesterday was unlike anything I have ever seen. I have seen large crowds of people at a time, but this was a mob scene. People everywhere, holding signs for arriving passengers. People fighting for position, people desperately trying to catch a glimpse of one of the Olympic teams, or random Pop Stars, such as Korean sensation, Rain.
Today is Opening Ceremony, and I just found out last night, that I will be going. I will be sure to take lots and lots of pictures for you to see.

No comments: